Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"He won't play with that."

Sometimes I just love proving a parental unit wrong.

We went to Ace Hardware last night and I picked up a few things for the cat. Now, I know that pets are like kids, and like kids they will get bored with the same toys, so I decided to get a few new things to keep Stitch entertained while we're on our trip to Dubai.

So I got him a plastic tunnel with a ball trapped in it, a couple of catnip mice (he loves these, he'll rub his face all over them), a scratcher (which I will admit he hasn't used yet, nor do I think he ever will), and some ping pong balls (I don't even need to say how much he loves these). However, the item my mother took issue with was the plastic tunnel with the trapped ball, and I quote directly "he won't play with that."

What does the cat do when we come home and I unwrap his new plastic tunnel?

HE VIGOROUSLY GIVES IT A WORKOUT. VIGOROUSLY.

Gee, mom, I guess your predictions were slightly off.

Slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment