Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Case File: Frostbitten Bytes

The evidence shall be delivered thusly:

I cleaned out the case earlier. It took roughly both cans of compressed air, and a good fifteen to twenty minutes' dedication, for me to clear out most of the debris, flotsam, and jetsam. It was actually all very fine particle dust that was just getting in the way of the fans it seems.

Then I made a mistake.

I tilted the can too far and the liquid stuff shot out of it and hit the GPU fan. I thought, "Well shit, I just fucked that up royally". But, after a call to my panic center (read: my cousin's cell phone) and having a technical-themed chat with him, I was confident enough to tempt fate. I went ahead and hooked the PC back up to its life-support systems and fired it up. The worst case scenario would have been a fried interior, but luckily it seemed that the liquidy stuff (which pretty much solidifies a few seconds upon contact), had probably not been enough to cause damage (knocks on wood).

Comp's sounding a lot healthier now, and hopefully the fans will behave for a while; dust is a nasty business, and being allergic to small airborne particles doesn't make having to subject myself to it an easy task.

On the whole I'd say this is an open and shut case. Verdict?

The jury finds the defendant, not guilty.

3 comments:

  1. DO NOT MESS WITH STUFF THAT DOES NOT NEED TO BE FIXED,
    BTW CAPS LOCK FOR KOOL KIDS
    ---GARAM---

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S
    You and Jub should reinstall AoC since i resubbes today

    ReplyDelete
  3. It did too need to be fixed!

    And,

    NEIN!

    ReplyDelete