Monday, September 10, 2012

Waiting for explosion...

Have you ever stepped into a situation where you kind of mentally just wait for a while, expecting the biggest of explosions to happen, following an ambiguous social interaction? This is me right now, sitting on a dud nuclear warhead of social ineptitude.

I raised the issue of the office bum with the person I share space with, and received a pretty vague "we'll see" response. Part of me wants to pursue the matter further, but at the same time I don't want to damage the relationship I have with the other person sharing the office, that would be like trapping hornets in a glass bowl and stuffing your hand in there like an idiot.

If nothing changes, however, I have no problem escalating the issue higher up the chain of command. I'm sure the captain of the ship would have a few choice words to express about the issue with some measure of finality. Do I want to go to that extreme? No I don't, but I fucking will if the situation doesn't change any.


No comments:

Post a Comment