Friday, June 29, 2012

Checklists

I need them.

I forgot my wallet today when I went to make purchases at TSC in Sharq. I loaded up my cart with Pop Tarts, Meow Mix, and enough hand sanitizer to last me for the rest of the year. Just before I was about to head to the cashier I decided to check and see if I had my reward points card with me, and LO! No wallet in the handbag.

I had to drive back home, get the wallet, drive back to TSC, grab my cart (which was being watched over by a vigilant escalator) and then present my disheveled self to the cashier. I made some quip about having one of those days where I forget everything, the cashier gave me one of her best plastic smiles while internally thinking 'what a douche', no doubt.

Did I mentioned it was hot out today?

Now I'm home, waiting to gorge myself on Mu Shu chicken, clearly the best trauma cure there is.

1 comment:

  1. I've had that happen as well. LOL But try going through the AirPort security check, line behind you, dad if front. Going through your large purse and not finding it. You step aside and literally dump everything in front of everybody as you look frantically for the ID. Dad getting impatient, people giving all sorts of looks, thinking. "Great, got to tell dad you can't go." Knowing this is gonna explode and by the 10th search you drop your hands to your side and FIND the wallet with ID lol.

    ReplyDelete