Sunday, March 28, 2010

Well dip me in batter, fry me up, and call me a tempura!

I plugged my laptop in yesterday, after the fan noise on my desktop grew to such a crescendo that I could no longer hear myself think. I know I should check it out, clean it up, and see if I can fix it somehow, but my laziness won in the end, but I digress.

After successfully porting my steam games over to the lappy, I decided to run a little performance experiment. I already knew that World of Warcraft runs smoothly on the machine, which is just to be expected, since World of Warcaft could probably run on a toaster. I thought to myself, why not try something a bit more demanding and really make the machine work to see if I got my money's worth, I thought.

Boy was I surprised. It felt as if at some parts the laptop ran Dragon Age better than my desktop. I hope in some small way, waves of jealousy have started to emanate from my desktop, and that it will behave itself in the future or I may have to start dealing exclusively with the portable products. Which, incidentally, doesn't make half as much noise as the big boy.

Colour me pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment